The Snob

The Congressional Black Caucus, Essence Online and Me

My future’s so bright, I have to wear shades!Exciting developments in Snobland!

The Black Snob is getting all comfy and cozy with the folks over at Essence Magazine. As I type, we are working on our new Web partnership where I will begin penning the occasional story for their online site as well as sharing content from The Black Snob with ESSENCE.com. While they’ve already begun linking to my articles, next week I’ll be heading to the Congressional Black Caucus’ Annual Leadership Conference in Washington, D.C. to cover the event for both The Black Snob and ESSENCE.com. While I’ll be chronicling my day-to-day activities and finding stories for TBS, for ESSENCE.com I will be chronicling the emerging black social scene in D.C. that is bubbling ever since a certain family moved to Pennsylvannia Avenue.

I’ll be returning to Washington, D.C. Sept. 22 to cover the event that lasts from Sept. 23 through the 26th. Then I will be heading to New York to cover the last day of the Urbanworld Film Festival for the site. I know! I’m, like, crazy busy and loving it. I’ll also be doing ever more networking and meeting up with more friends and then heading back to Washington, D.C. for a big meeting about a TV show I’ve been writing the pilot episode for. Needles to say, The Snob has had her chubby, little upturned nose in some of everything this summer and the same now goes for the fall. I’ll keep you posted as things develop!

Smooches!

The Snob

23 thoughts on “The Congressional Black Caucus, Essence Online and Me

1. BoogieDownSnob says:

Yeah… Can’t wait to have you in DC!!! Will you do a Meet and Greet/Happy Hour (cuz you know how Washingtonians love us some Happy Hours) for the readers of your blog? If so, please keep us posted. Thanks!

2. Trina says:

You go girl! I love love love reading your blog! My daughter will also be attending the Caucus with her school (North Carolina Central University). I have already instructed her to introduce herself.

3. malted_tea says:

(Cabbage Patching…) Go Snob. Go Snob. Go. Go! Go Snob! It’s also great to see that our traditional zines are getting better at recognizing AND embracing the strong, relevant voices in the online space. Congrats!

4. dkan71 says:

I’m so excited for you, what this website is becoming and all the new opportunities you’ve been generating. Very inspiring. I’m behind you all the way. Keep steady snobbin’.

5. knockoutchick says:

I am not a fan of Essence, I find them very dated and conservative in their thinking….but I do believe you will kick it up a notch!You rock, snob! 😉

6. Danger in the Night says:

Snob,Please go to makeup and hair stat. You look a hot mess. TJ Holmes would never find you attractive. Nose and lips are too broad. Plain Jane w/o make-up. That brillo pad on your head is crappy.

7. Aabaakawad says:

DITN gets his pathetic kicks off of dissing people who are actually accomplishing something. Soooo sad.Snob, will you wear your sunglasses at night? (So you can see us in your mind?)Con Grats

8. HomoSuperior says:

If anyone deserves it, Danielle, it’s you. Nothing makes me happier than good things happening to good people!Love and Hugs,Homo