DC Gossip

Obama Staffer Melody Barnes Got M-A-R-R-I-E-D!

And the Washington Post has the pictures! Everyone go “squeee!”

Melody Barnes, President Obama’s domestic policy adviser, married Marland Buckner on June 13. Buckner is a former chief of staff to Harold Ford Jr., back when he was in the House of Representatives. They got married in Washington, D.C. at the People’s Congregational United Church of Christ and it was beautiful ya’ll.

Just look!

More pictures after the jump.

See the whole slideshow here!

17 thoughts on “Obama Staffer Melody Barnes Got M-A-R-R-I-E-D!

1. stylishgurl says:

How Cute, seriously! Love is in the air out there in DC, there was that Paris engagement…..seriously! I’m jealous.

2. swiv says:

he looks like big gay al (star jones’s exhusband/wife). what sorority is she in? whoops, nvm…..she’s the k’s. she’s bad, though. i want one like her.LMAO.

They ain’t spring chickens and I like that. Those late-life romances are interesting. For once, though, I wish a highly successful person would marry the bus driver. Wouldn’t that be something? That doesn’t happen in the real world, I know, unless it’s a rich man marrying a golddigger.

4. Mothsmoke says:

@ Michelle TooNo way, now how! Melody Barnes is AKA all the way. Surely there were sisters of DST there to wish her well as she embarks on this new chapter in her life but she is being seranaded by our sorors.

5. AlexG says:

@ SWIVYeah I thought exactly the same thing too. He looks a lot like Big Gay Al Reynolds. Definitely a little too ":sweet" and that sissified processed hair ain’t helping

6. Soigne1908 says:

I think Mr. Buckner is half-white, so his hair isn’t processed, LOL. The pictures of my soror are beautiful and as someone who is "late in life," it gives me hope.