Uncategorized

See? What I had meant was … Rev. Wright Clarifies Jews and Obama statements

Rev. Jeremiah Wright raised some HILARIOUS eyebrows Wednesday with this little bon mot about how “them Jews aren’t going to let (Obama) talk to me.” (He was talking to the Daily Press. I wrote a little post about it here.) It was so hilarious how not helpful that statement was for him. Especially since it made him sound like a conspiratorial anti-Semite. But whatever. That’s totally not what he meant, sez The New York Times “The Caucus Blog.”

We’re sure that President Obama and his Jewish advisers will be happy to know that Mr. Obama’s former pastor, the Rev. Jeremiah A. Wright Jr., has “clarified” his remark to The Daily Press of Newport News this week — that he had not spoken to the president because “Them Jews aren’t going to let him talk to me.” This seemed to be a reference to the likes of Rahm Emanuel, the White House chief of staff and David Axelrod, the senior presidential adviser.

But today, Mr. Wright said during an appearance on the Sirius/XM radio program “Make it Plain with Mark Thompson” that he “misspoke.” He said he was not talking about “all Jews.” Or, that he was only referring to “Zionists.’’ Or, that it all had to do with Israel’s history with the Palestinians. O.K., we give up. You can hear his answer for yourself at www.sirius.com/politicaltalk.

Brah. Please. Just … just stop talking to reporters. Silencio.

You can listen to audio of the first interview here.

8 thoughts on “See? What I had meant was … Rev. Wright Clarifies Jews and Obama statements

Phew! That cleared things right up. Before I was worried. He meant the other Jews, Axelrod and Emanuel. Now it doesn’t sound so anti-Semitic.

2. Mlisa says:

LAWD Jeeeeezus just shut ur trap already Jerimiah!! He makes Joe Biden look down right disciplined.Why does he always have something counterproductive and random to say?? Please, for the love of all that is holy "REVEREND" fly yourself to Guam permanently and stop using words….thanks.*smh*

3. Lisa J says:

I follow him on FB (I fly his flag) and he put up a comment that he had put out a press release and several people told him, in a very polite and loving way exactly what you said Snob, ie please be quiet. The kicker of me following him is that I just started doing that a few days before this incident, and I was a little worried about doing that b/c I know how lots of white folk feel about him and think he is racist, which I think is wrong, but I didn’t want to alienate or make my white friends, some of whom are conservative mad, especially since I ‘d had to unfriend a formerly friendly acquaintence over politics the week before. Sigh. The irony of my reluctance though is that I got a friend or fly his flag suggestion on him from a white person. It was Tim Wise, but still!

I think Wright’s problem is (like with a lot of people) with his pride. He’s always said whatever he wanted to say and then the campaign put the spotlight on him. He’d never been in the spotlight before and completely showed out like he would on any other day not realizing how something might be received by a mostly black audience would sound to non-blacks. He’s a smart guy, but he’s not media savvy. He can’t make the adjustment. So as long as he talking to reporters stuff like this is going to happen.

5. sarah says:

He’s right the zionists wouldn’t let someone like him talk to Obama…now should he be saying that in public…I don’t know, but the man is telling the truth.

6. Jesse says:

I can’t believe people still trust this man. He has only seemed to make black people look ignorant, which obviously was not his intention, but I’m very insulted by it. I do not want to be associated with him and I wish more people felt that way. Summing up my feelings about the article, if he doesn’t want to be discriminated against then he shouldn’t discriminate. Not nice to make-fun of the poor Jews, give them a rest already.