Obamarama, PostRacialist

Rev. Wright: Them Jews aren’t going to let Obama talk to me! (Not Helping)

Did you know Rev. Jeremiah Wright is still giving interviews? Neither did I! Did you know he’s still saying the first thing that pops into his head? Of course he is! Did you know that he’s still highly NOT HELPFUL IN ANY KIND OF WAY? Damn skippy!

But that of course is what makes him all kinds of awesome and amazing!

From the Hampton Roads Daily Press where Wright was attending a ministers’ conference:

Asked if he had spoken to the president, Wright said: “Them Jews aren’t going to let him talk to me. I told my baby daughter, that he’ll talk to me in five years when he’s a lame duck, or in eight years when he’s out of office. …

“They will not let him to talk to somebody who calls a spade what it is. … I said from the beginning: He’s a politician; I’m a pastor. He’s got to do what politicians do.”

Oh, Rev. Wright! I missed you so!

I mean, really? It’s the “Jews” who are keeping Obama from seeing you? (Is this about the Rahmbo?) Or is this really about the fact that the 2008 campaign rendered you nuclear waste to Team Obama? Nuclear waste that did the mashed potatoes in front of a national audience and sang “white people clap like this?” I mean, yeah, my moms LURVED it, but then, she’s not trying to run a country.

Still like the glorious George Jeffersonian man he is, Rev. Wright has NOTHING TO APOLOGIZE FOR. Why should he feel sad? They bashed him. Trashed him and his man got elected any ol’ way. Rev. Wright can strut around being “Rev. Right!”

“Regret for what… that the media went back five, seven, 10 years and spent $4,000 buying 20 years worth of sermons to hear what I’ve been preaching for 20 years?

“Regret for preaching like I’ve been preaching for 50 years? Absolutely none,” Wright said.

Wright said that when he went to the polls, he did not hold any grudge against Obama.

“Of course I voted for him; he’s my son. I’m proud of him,” Wright said. “I’ve got five biological kids. They all make mistakes and bad choices. I haven’t stopped loving any of them.

“He made mistakes. He made bad choices. I’ve got kids who listen to their friends. He listened to those around him. I did not disown him.”

Oh, THANK HEAVENS! Because that was what we were all worried about. You disowning him. I know I can sleep better knowing that you forgave him for that time he had to lovingly shove you into a wood chipper to save his campaign. Glad to know we can just put all that behind us.

15 thoughts on “Rev. Wright: Them Jews aren’t going to let Obama talk to me! (Not Helping)

1. Lisa J says:

Oh man, I love some Rev Wright, but I really don’t like that comment about the Jews. I mean what has that got to do with anything? Is that a dig on Rahm Emmanuel (is he Jewish)? And what has someone’s religion got to do with anything? Now if he had said, something like his people aren’t going to let him talk to me I could see it. Shoot, I got into a big fight with a good friend who is white about whether he was racist or not. Not racist, but a little anti-semetic? Probably. SMH. Still like the man but, dag. Why he gotta go there?

2. Ebonie says:

Some people just refuse to go away. I don’t know whether to shake my head or laugh at his "the Jews are keeping me from Obama" quote. Oh, Rev. Wright…

Reverend Wright had a distinguished career as a Marine and minister, so I won’t fault the man. I wish he wasn’t anti-Semitic in his views, however. He was stung earlier on by racism and I understand that it left some wounds upon his pysche. See ya in 8 years, Rev!

4. Larry says:

At the height of the Rev. Wright controversy I was a strong defender of his message and the contributions of his ministry. I cannot begin to express my disappointment in his “Jews” comment.I expect more from a man of his caliber.

5. Hi there!Dr. Wright is still one of the most highly-respected black preachers in this country. The white media attempted to diminish him and he has never gone into hiding. Good for him!Any black minister who says it’s not true has not followed the HUNDREDS of credible and forthright ministers who were mentored by Dr. Wright for decades who are leading very strong and vibrant congregations. It was ALWAYS a prestigious invitation to be invited to preach at Trinity. Does Dr. Wright try to "polish" his words and play nice? Ummm…. no. Should he? Why? Ministers can be candid and outspoken too! Who says they can’t be? I agree with Dr. Wright…we aren’t politicians and most of us could care less about "the polls" reveal about the truth we have spoken.As for the latest news… well, I am not sure if Dr. Wright even said "them Jews" and I certainly don’t believe everything that is printed in the paper. I do wish that he had not joked and cackled at his moment to shine at the Press Club last year… *sigh*

6. Not in anyway agreeing with his content but… This I will say, the Rev is certainly true to himself, isn’t he? He is not going to change or back down. He thinks what he thinks (bless his heart) and says what he wants to say (regardless of consequence). In a twisted way, you gotta respect him for that.

7. willet784 says:

I think Rev. Wright is an anti-Semite notwithstanding some of the correct things he said about American foreign policy. The fact is that African-centric Christian theology that he subscribes to can be anti-Semitic and Rev Wright has obviously subscribed to some of its baser tenets, that is, anti-Semitism. The man has a right to his opinion, but the fact is, since he is famous b/c of the POTUS, he needs to sit down and stop feeding right-wing insanity about O. Wright also makes the good works he has done in and out of his community look bad–and makes the United Church of Christ look bad– when he keeps on saying things like this. The funny thing to me is that Obama dropped him rightly, like a woman who decided once and for all to leave her abusive husband. O defended him until he went to the National Press Club. I think it was selfish not to shut up after O defended him given how the right-wing jumped on him for that. He really is not helping.

8. Spinster says:

ROTFLMAO! Like your mother, I’m not running for anyone’s office and, therefore, can enjoy/laugh at what he has to say. But I thought he was keeping quiet now, hadn’t heard anything about or from him in a long time. I need him to go to his corner and take a long time out. 😐

9. Spinster says:

And I also agree with Larry, as well as Black Women Blow The Trumpet. But I think there’s a time and place for everything, and even though American society is hypocritical and racist/prejudiced and should be given a dose of its own got-damn medicine, Rev. Wright almost ruined Barack’s chances.

10. somethingtosay says:

The Rev speaks the truth again and then gets jumped on again. Take away the words "them Jews", replace them with "his staff" and ask yourselves what’s untrue or unlikely about his comments? Funny how it’s not a big issue that in Israel Rahm Emmanuel’s (the head of "them Jews") father has been boasting about how "they’ve" got Obama in their back pocket.