He Said/She Said, MediaSnob

Anchor Fight! (Video)

MSNBC anchors Contessa Brewer, Tamron Hall and David Shuster decided to have a three-way smackdown over that hot, semi-nude mess that is the current Miss California Carrie Prejean. I’ve only half-ass been following the thing. She apparently spoke out for “opposite married” couples versus “same married.” (Re: The Gays) during the Miss USA pageant. I’m clueless as to whether or not the chick won anything, but I LURVE a good anchor fight.

Video after the jump.

Best bitchy line (no surprise) comes from Shuster directed at Brewer who argued the controversy was “a great jumping off point for a conversation about same-sex marriage.”

“The only jumping off point is jumping off a cliff if you really believe that people at these pageants have anything worthwhile to say to the rest of us,” Shuster responded. “If you really believe that, then that’s your jumping off point and I suggest you jump off the cliff, because this is as superficial as you’ll ever see.”

Enjoy!

10 thoughts on “Anchor Fight! (Video)

1. D says:

None of these "underwear" photos and plastic surgery receipts appeared until Ms. California stated her personal beliefs on same sex marriage. The connection is clear, no matter how people try to deny it. As long as she didn’t seem to have an opinion, no one in California had an issue with her. As soon as she states her opinion, the gates of hell opened up. This is part of the reason why so many pageant contestants provide phony and contrived answers. The one time someone gives any semblance of her true feelings, she is publicly raked over the coals. It’s not right to try to humiliate someone just because the person’s beliefs don’t exactly match your own. You can be cordial and friendly with people & still not agree with the choices they make in their life.

First, in this day and age, if you posed nude and enter a beauty pagneant, those photos will eventually come out. Go ask Vanessa Williams and many other pagneant and "American Idol" contestants. I don’t know why people think they’re going to get away with it.

3. Kiye says:

All I know is that whoever Miss California’s advisors are or pr team is, they sure as hell working it. I still have NO idea who is Miss America!!! well other than, I think the Miss America winner is from NC, but really dunno

4. TBI says:

First and foremost, that question should have never been allowed to be asked and, given his history, Perez Hilton should have never been made a judge for that pageant. I don’t care how you feel about Miss California and that dumbass answer she gave, that was a polarizing question from a clearly biased judge. But seeing as though the Miss USA pageant is just another reality TV show, I agree w/ David Shuster (who seemed to be the voice of reason to me in that anchor fight), who cares?What can we say about the American MSM when when they’re arguing about ridiculous things like this? And am I the only one who’s really getting tired of the Twitter and Facebook gimmicks on the news?

5. BluTopaz says:

Fake Titty Barbie and Trump probably leaked those photos themselves for the publicity, guess it worked.And like TBI said I cannot believe this garbage was breaking news yesterday. Tamron Hall is prettier than all those chicks combined.

6. Zion says:

Once again, another young white woman who behaves foolishly gets to keep her crown. I can get past her unintelligent rant about "opposite marriage." What I can’t get past are her nude photos, and her inability to take responsibility for what she has done, and now it’s being labeled as freedom of speech. How does this add to the conversation? People have given the same tired arguments about freedom of speech without really reading the language of the first amendment. David Shuster I am 100% in your corner.

7. So what David Shuster is trying to say is that beauty pageants are "superficial?" I don’t think he made that quite clear enough. Give that, the question in question was a ridiculous one: Either you’re going to get the stereotypical canned "world peace" type answer that nobody buys or you’re going to get what Prejean doled out – A.K.A. the "wrong" answer. (Besides… WTF was Perez Hilton doing there? What? Jerry Springer booked up?) The correctness of her beliefs aside, Prejean answered honestly. And isn’t that what you’re supposed to do? People need to step off the soapbox about that ish.The boobie pics, OTOH… You’re on your own, girl!