Uncategorized

Boston Is Angry And You Wouldn’t Like It When It’s Angry

So far I’ve noticed a LOT of swears here in Boston. Not at the Black Policy Conference where I sit on the media panel Saturday. But every cyclist, cabbie, bus driver, government worker, college student, richie rich, townie, douchebag seems to be operating under the same code of “BE A DICK OR DIE.” Never have I ever seen so many people openly wish for the death of one another over the slightest roadway infraction.

Zoloft, Boston. Think about it. And some therapy.

That said, I met CNN Democratic pundit Jamal Simmons and I must say the cliched but true … those eyebrows are MUCH better looking in person. No pictures of Jamal though … yet. Enjoy the rest.

11 thoughts on “Boston Is Angry And You Wouldn’t Like It When It’s Angry

That’s nothing. I forgot how ballistic people in New York/New Jersey area, and I went back to visit a few years ago, I got brutally reminded. I had made the tragic mistake of spending too much time in the toll booth and a motorist started screaming at me like a banshee at the top of his lungs, with veins popping out of his neck. I thought he was going to shoot me. There are really crazy–with a capital C–people living in the northern cities.

2. I spent a large part of my childhood in Roxbury, so I am not surprised at all by your experience.YOU MET JAMAL SIMMONS? Forget the eyebrows, is he a cutie in person? What about his personality?

3. Baiskeli says:

I’m in Boston, been here 17 years, my wife and I are planning to move. I had to laugh when I read your description. True, Bostonians are angry and rude, and they are even angrier and rude if you are African or African American (I am, and that’s one of the reasons I need to GTFO of Boston).I’ve been to New York multiple times and it is a much friendlier place compared to Boston (but then maybe even Hell is friendlier than Boston).

4. Andrea says:

…home of the most famous Tea Party and notoriously known sports grievances…They’ve always been known to have a chip on their shoulders and to start fights that make the media’s attention.

5. joe says:

mid western girl…amoung the ny italians,,,every other word is f..k…and thats how my daughters and wife.talk.loll..its so prevelant…that its really not swearing….next surprise is that ny is not black and white…its pakistani,,,chinese,,,,japanese,,,,sikh,,,,jewish ,,italian,,,,the new immigrants….they arn’t in the Racial game…they went involved in any thing that happened…what happens in the racial situation,,,,when a majority of the usa was not involved in segregation and slavery???

6. misspuff says:

I’m glad to hear that other people share my opinion about Boston. I grew up in NJ near NYC and live in Philly and believe me I have NEVER met such rude, nasty, and downright mean people that I have when I’ve been in Boston. I say mean because they’re not just rude or abrupt they do and say things that are intentionally mean. I will never understand why so many people love that place.

7. Ladyscribe says:

Been livin’ in Boston for 2 1/2 years…for love, nothe ambiance. During this time I have met some of teh most aggressive, disrespectful people…and I’m a native New Yorker. There are a large number of agressive individuals. No one believes in chivalry, not even for a pregnant woman. Got me thinkin’ There’s no place like home (3xs)

8. Sidra Lestrade says:

Im a Bostion. And Im angry. I mean it as no offense to any of you. It comes with the territory. I can honestly say Im sorry for our action. We’re sorry!!! Not all of us are "meanies" even though I’ve been called that once before. 🙂 Maybe its the climate, always cold, raining/snowing. I dont know. But its just our attitude. I love my Dirty Water. Boston your my home. Go socks. And no you cant park your car on the Harvard yard. You’ll get arrested. And cars cant fit in there. XOXO