MediaSnob

Google Stalking TJ Holmes: TJ? Meet TI. TI? Meet TJ. (Old News)

Embedded video from <a href=”http://www.cnn.com/video” mce_href=”http://www.cnn.com/video”>CNN Video</a>

CNN’s Prince of West Memphis sat down with the “King of the South.” Alas The Snob was nowhere near CNN when this great meeting of the Dirty South minds took place. Thank goodness for the internet.

From CNN:

ATLANTA, Georgia (CNN) — Rap star T.I. was sentenced in Atlanta federal court Friday to one year and one day in prison and ordered to pay a $100,300 fine on weapons charges related to purchasing machine guns and silencers.

The rapper, whose real name is Clifford Harris, reached the terms of the sentence in a plea agreement with prosecutors last year.

“I would like to say thank you to some, and apologize to others,” Harris said at his sentencing.

“In my life, I have been placed in the worst-case scenario and had to make the best of it,” he said. “Most often, things I have learned have been from trial and error. I knew no way to protect myself than to arm myself.”

Oh rappers! Didn’t someone tell TI he is not Snoop and that Johnny Cochran is dead?

(More after the jump!)

In other news:

TJ knows who the prime minister of our homies in the big GB, those strict, stiff-upper lipped “Sun never sets on the British Empire” folks who’ve kind of turned into our mother shouting, “Bloody hell! Pull up your knickers!” but are still our biggest defenders, unlike our cousin France who thinks that just because they did the whole Democracy thing first they can be all, “Don’t invade Iraq.” And we were all like, screw you, you cheese eating surrender monkies. FREEDOM FRIES, bitches! How ya like dem apples, Pierre? Because America sometimes acts like we’re a 12-year-old trillionaire with a ferrari and nukes. We’re like that kid in the Twilight Zone movie.

But I digress. The Teege.

The ghost of Blair haunts CNN

Whatever happened to collegiate solidarity? Speaking on CNN, news anchor Kiran Chetry said: “And if you were just joining us right now, we were listening to President Barack Obama as well as British Prime Minister Tony Blair.” “Gordon Brown,” corrected her colleague, TJ Holmes. “You’ve been doing that all morning.” (The Independent)

Thanks to an intrepid viewer who has blessed us TJ-aholics with new (old) TJ pictures! Most of these are from a World Wildlife Federation eveny (all photos by Ben Rose Photography), the CNN newsroom and one final shot from an Africare event in 2008.

Please take a seat before looking. I don’t want anyone to hurt themselves falling out over Capt. Deliciousness. Now, if you don’t mind, I’m just going to lie down and listen to Janet Jackson sing “He Doesn’t Even Know I’m Alive” from the “Control” album over and over before I work my way up Tears For Fears’ “Head Over Heels.”

I believe that’s the Teege and girlfriend/possible fiancée Marilee on the right. Feel free to break out the Alize and Vesta records. They are just too cute.

I will say this about homegirl. If I had the feet for it (and I don’t) I would sooo cove t those shoes.

And a close up on those fierce shoes and that thing that looks a lot like a ring. Anyone feel like singing “Congratulations” with me? Any Jimmy Carter/Reagan babies out there whou remember when BET played Vesta?

Oh yeah. That’s what we like to see on a Saturday morning.

Saran Kaba Jones with TJ at an Africare event in November 2008, honoring then president George W. Bush.

10 thoughts on “Google Stalking TJ Holmes: TJ? Meet TI. TI? Meet TJ. (Old News)

Well, Mr. TJ, you can only have one and then you have to go off market and suffer like all the rest. Enjoy because that’s all you get. Meatloaf every night, fella.

2. mimi says:

marilee is cute! not to be wierd but they look like they could be related lol. Congrats TJ, looks like a pretty nice rock too. Good thing she’s a lawyer and not some chicken head…

3. Lori says:

I hate to say this, but I expected to see TJ with someone BAAAAAD. Yes, her shoes are nice, and she’s cute, not denying that – but if TJ’s going to be off the market, then I thought it would be for someone that would drop my jaw. Sorry, had to say it!For some reason, watching CNN on weekends just won’t be as fun anymore.Oh well, congratulations to them both!

4. Honee Bee says:

@ LoriI expected his type to be a girl who looks very exotic, too. But I must say that even though Marilee is very pretty, she’s not the exotic, supermodel, beauty type. For some reason this makes TJ Holmes EVEN MORE DESIRABLE because he has a natural-looking girlfriend/fiance/whatever!!!! This proves he isn’t as shallow as I imagined he would be given that most guys with his looks and charm are complete jerks!!!

5. Zenith says:

Does anyone know what is ex-wife looks like?? I would love to see if Marilee resembles her. I think Marilee favors Chilli. He must like petites with good hair 🙂

6. Tanya says:

Well, its official. A reference wsa made to TJ getting married on American Morning this morning. He sort of laughed it off and changed the subject…

7. Monie Golightly says:

Lori, ur sucha hater. Try loving, it will take you farther. That woman is beautiful, and "exotic" is subjective and overrated. (And this is coming from a mixed black girl who looks latina.) I bet if she dyed her hair blonde and wore fake contacts and stayed out of the sun she would fit that stupid ass bill. When will people wake up and realize that models and actresses only look "BAAAAAD’ cause that’s their only job when their not filming, and they spend gobs of money on an entire team of artist, stylist, and dermatologist and plastic surgeons who make them look that way. Oh, and please let’s not forget the photoshoping that’s done!The woman is an attorney prolly coming from working a 12 hour day. Give her a damn break! Her skin, teeth, shape and hair are beautiful sans photoshop. I’m a little jealous too, but know God has someone wonderful like T.J. for me. Let’s all just be glad he has found a smart, BLACK woman this time around. May God Bless Them!

8. Little Rock Connection says:

T.J.’s wife was a beautiful lady. She used to do nails at an upscale shop in North Little Rock when he worked for the local CBS station. She told me they met in college. I’m sorry they didn’t last. For those who have never seen him, T.J. looks very exotic in person.